On January 4, we are launching the annual 21 Day Challenge of Prayer, Fasting and New Habits. I am so ready and excited to see what God does with this!
It is important to prepare mentally and spiritually for this challenge; set your intention now. Why are you doing the challenge? What are you fasting from? What do you hope to accomplish? Maybe you just want to get in shape, but there’s always a spiritual aspect when we give up something. God can use the space we are creating to accomplish great things. Maybe you want to see a breakthrough in your marriage or in your child; perhaps you need direction in your career or finances.
Fasting is ultimately a yearning for something missing. It is a struggle against the flesh; in this we discover what we really hunger for. Fasting helps us slow down and hear God’s voice.Gary Rohrmayer, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
Whatever it is, ask for it! Don’t be afraid to ask big!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…Ephesians 3:20
Here are a few practical steps to get ready for January 4:
- Join the Facebook group for encouragement & community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/478200599627367. Then order your 21 Day Prayer and Fasting Devotional (available on Amazon Prime).
- Clean out your pantry and fridge. Throw out expired food, spices and junk food.
- Meal Prep: Make a list of meals you want to cook. Go to the store ahead of time and cook food in advance so you always have healthy options. I’m using a meal prep service twice a week to help revive my interest in cooking.
- Prepare a quiet, uncluttered spot where you can spend quiet time each morning. You may need to plan to get up earlier than usual to allow time to read your devotional, pray and journal.
- Plan your exercise schedule including a minimum of 3-4 times a week. Add in Christian meditation and faith-based yoga from Whole-Hearted Yoga. Also, the Abide app is a great resource.
- Give yourself GRACE! If you fall off, don’t beat yourself up. Keep your eye on the end game; remember your big ask. Complete dependence on the strength of God takes practice. This is an adventure; enjoy the journey!
Look to the Lord and his strength. Seek his face always.Psalm 105:4
#21DayChallenge #WholeHeartedYoga #Renew #Refresh #Restore #Reboot #Health #seekGod